Join Our Community!
Are you an Atheist looking for other like-minded friends?
Atheists United SLO is a meeting place for all atheists, agnostics, and science-based skeptics to get to know each other, share ideas and build a community of like minded individuals in San Luis Obispo County. We have a vibrant and active organization that offers a variety of events to suit individual interests.
With 300 members, support for a secular and religion-free lifestyle in our small community is strong.
Whether you're just looking for a social outlet to meet other-non believers or you want to engage in more atheist activism, discussions and reading, we have activities planned that welcome your involvement.
We are an active, exciting community of people that:
- Encourages critical thinking about religion
- Advocates for the separation of church and state in our community
- Educates the community about the positive aspects of atheism
- Cultivates solidarity and support within our atheist community
We have a wide variety of activities:
- Social get-togethers where atheists and those questioning their beliefs can talk about anything in a casual, friendly atmosphere
- Guest speakers (atheists, social activists, authors, free-thinkers and skeptics)
- Pub and pizza nights
- Movie nights
- Book discussions related to atheism, science and philosophy
- Political and social advocacy
- Fundraising and community service
- Critical thinking & education forums
- Potluck socials and annual barbecue
We are seeking active members off all ages to enrich our group. Your participation is valuable in creating a viable and visible atheist community.
Please join us, and be part of the collective momentum toward a religion-free and reality-based lifestyle!
UPCOMING EVENTS!Week of Reason in SLO May 4th-8th!
AUSLO in conjunction with Central Coast Coalition of Reason present the following events:
Mon May 4, 6pm
Guest presentation from Dr. Jason Heap, Executive Director of the United Coalition of Reason about his application / lawsuit to become the first Humanist-endorsed chaplain in the history of the United States Armed Forces.
The Senior Center, 1445 Santa Rosa Street, SLO, CA 93401.
Tue May 5, 6pm
Celebrate the Week of Reason with cake and no host dinner /drinks at Pappy McGregor’s Pub & Grill Social Get-Together in SLO.
1865 Monterey St, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Wed May 6, 6pm
Skype Talk with The Young Skeptics: Teaching Critical Thinking In Our Schools. Come hear how one community responded to the proliferation of fundamentalist Good News Clubs in their elementary schools and what we can do about it here.
SLO Library, 995 Palm Street, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Thu May 7, 6pm - 9pm
Come celebrate the National Day of Reason with Atheists United SLO at their farmers’ market booth.
Downtown SLO, 783 Higuera St., SLO
Fri May 8, 7pm
Exclusive showing of An Honest Liar, a feature documentary about the world-famous magician, escape artist, and world-renowned enemy of deception, James ‘The Amazing’ Randi.
Palm Theatre, 817 Palm St, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401.