Join Our Community!
Are you an Atheist looking for other like-minded friends?
Atheists United SLO is a meeting place for all atheists, agnostics, and science-based skeptics to get to know each other, share ideas and build a community of like minded individuals in San Luis Obispo County. We have a vibrant and active organization that offers a variety of events to suit individual interests.
With 700 members, support for a secular and religion-free lifestyle in our small community is strong.
Whether you’re just looking for a social outlet to meet other-non believers or you want to engage in more atheist activism, discussions and reading, we have activities planned that welcome your involvement.
We are an active, exciting community of people that:
- Encourages critical thinking about religion
- Advocates for the separation of church and state in our community
- Educates the community about the positive aspects of atheism
- Cultivates solidarity and support within our atheist community
We have a wide variety of activities:
- Social get-togethers where atheists and those questioning their beliefs can talk about anything in a casual, friendly atmosphere
- Guest speakers (atheists, social activists, authors, free-thinkers and skeptics)
- Pub and pizza nights
- Movie nights
- Book discussions related to atheism, science and philosophy
- Political and social advocacy
- Fundraising and community service
- Critical thinking & education forums
- Potluck socials and annual barbecue
We are seeking active members off all ages to enrich our group. Your participation is valuable in creating a viable and visible atheist community.
Please join us, and be part of the collective momentum toward a religion-free and reality-based lifestyle!
DONATE TO AU/SLO!Your donation will fund events and outreach that foster a better understanding of secular thought, critical thinking, and matters of Church & State separation.
RECENT NEWS!AUSLO and FFRF Asks District Attorney to Enforce Covid Guidelines
October 25, 2020
AUSLO and the Freedom From Religion Foundation (FFRF), a non-profit group defending the separation of church and state, have asked SLO County District Attorney Dan Dow to enforce state Covid guidelines fairly, treating houses of worship like other large gatherings. D.A. Dow had proclaimed SLO County a "sanctuary city for worship and praise in church," vowing to not enforce the state Covid guidelines for houses of worship.
2020 AUSLO Scholarship Winner Embodies Secular Goodness
August 20, 2020
AUSLO is proud to announce this year's $500 AUSLO Scholarship to recipient Jacob Thacker. Jacob, an accomplished graduate of San Luis Obispo High School, impressed us not only with his passionate commitment to secular values, but also to his outstanding dedication to community outreach and social justice activism.